We’re Hiring – Events Manager
The Kelly Brush Foundation is looking for an Events Manager to join our Burlington, Vermont team.
The Kelly Brush Foundation is a swiftly growing non-profit, with an energetic and fun-loving staff. We are driven by our mission to inspire and empower people with spinal cord injuries to live active and engaged lives. We are looking to add someone to our team who has experience running events, is organized and self-motivated, and is passionate about our mission.
We are a small, tight-knit team, and we need someone who is comfortable and excited about taking on new projects and evolving along with the organization. We all value an active lifestyle both in and out of work, and you can find us enjoying the amazing recreation opportunities around Burlington in our free time.
Sound like you? Send a resume and cover letter to Cheryl (our Development Director) at [email protected] Sound like someone you know? Please forward this to them!
– The Team (aka. Kelly, Zeke, Cheryl, Greg, Whitney, Stephanie, and Hannah)
Kelly Brush Foundation
We are looking for a full-time Events Manager to execute large-scale events, including the iconic Kelly Brush Ride. You will be responsible for managing events in Vermont, Massachusetts, New York, Colorado, and California that host over 2,000 people and raise more than $1.25m per year and growing. You will report to and work closely with the Development Director and entire team to set strategy, build partnerships, execute world-class events, and be a champion of our mission.
We are a growing non-profit making a direct impact for people in the spinal cord injury and ski racing communities. Our team is made up of athletes, adventurers, and people looking to make a difference in active communities. If you like fun in the workplace, promoting active lifestyles, and making a serious impact in people’s lives, please apply.
- Manage all logistics relating to fundraising events, interacting with vendors, volunteers, attendees, and hosts
- Plan and manage all local friend-raising events
- Plan and manage annual retail plan
- Assist with development operations associated with events and other fundraising campaigns
- Work closely with entire team on mission programs
- Team player to assist all staff in areas of greatest need
- At least 3 years of large-scale event management experience
- Proven success in developing partnerships
- Superior verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- A passionate commitment to our mission
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
This position includes some national travel as well as evening and weekend events. Setup and teardown at events requires you to be able to lift 50 pounds.
About the Kelly Brush Foundation
We are a dynamic and growing Burlington, VT–based non-profit inspiring and empowering people with spinal cord injuries to be active. We provide direct assistance to individuals and partner with organizations around the country to help people live their own active lifestyles. We also work closely with the alpine ski racing community to improve safety on the hill. We were founded in 2006 by Kelly and her family after Kelly sustained a spinal cord injury while racing in an NCAA alpine ski race.