Job Opening: Events & Development Manager
The Kelly Brush Foundation is looking for a full-time Events & Development Manager to join our energetic and growing team in Burlington, Vermont. A similar position was posted in early 2020, but due to the initial uncertainty around COVID-19 it was never filled. This updated position reflects the strategic and growing needs of the KBF.
The mission of the Kelly Brush Foundation is to inspire and empower people with spinal cord injuries to live active and engaged lives. We are looking for a team member who embodies this spirit, who works hard and collaboratively in a small team, and is motivated to grow with the organization.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Cheryl Brodowski, Development Director at [email protected].
Events & Development Manager
Kelly Brush Foundation
The full-time Events & Development Manager supports the Kelly Brush Foundation in two ways: (1) by executing large-scale events, including the iconic Kelly Brush Ride and (2) by managing the cultivation of annual to mid-level donors. The Events & Development Manager reports to and works closely with the Development Director and entire team to set strategy, build partnerships, execute world-class events, and be a champion of our mission.
The Kelly Brush Foundation is a growing non-profit making a direct impact for people in the spinal cord injury and ski racing communities. Our team is made up of athletes, adventurers, and people looking to make a difference in active communities. If you like fun in the workplace, promoting active lifestyles, and making a serious impact in people’s lives, please apply.
- Plan and manage all large-scale nationwide fundraising events (which cumulatively raise $1.25M and growing), securing venues, vendors, volunteers, attendees, and hosts
- Manage a portfolio of New England based annual to mid-level donors, with face-to-face visits and strategies to increase gift amounts and improve retention
- Assist with other development operations, such as appeals, research, database metrics, gift stewardship, etc.
- Work closely with entire team on mission programs and assist with mission-based events, such as tabling at expos or external events
- Coordinate all local friend-raising events
- Develop an annual retail plan
- Be a team player and assist all staff in areas of greatest need
- 3 years of large-scale event management experience
- 1 year of fundraising/development experience
- Proven success in developing partnerships
- Superior verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills and project management abilities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- A passionate commitment to our mission
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and typical office technologies
This position includes some national travel as well as evening and weekend events. Setup and teardown at events requires you to be able to lift 50 pounds.
Send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
About the Kelly Brush Foundation
We are a dynamic and growing Burlington, VT–based non-profit inspiring and empowering people with spinal cord injuries to be active. We provide direct assistance to individuals and partner with organizations around the country to help people live their own active lifestyles. We also work closely with the alpine ski racing community to improve safety on the hill. We were founded in 2006 by Kelly and her family after Kelly sustained a spinal cord injury while racing in an NCAA alpine ski race.