We’re Hiring – Development Director
The Kelly Brush Foundation is actively looking for a Development Director to join our awesome team.
Loyal followers of our blog may remember that we posted this job back in February. We met a lot of great people, but didn’t find the candidate that made that perfect fit. So we put the search on hold. Now we’re opening it back up, casting a wider net, and excited to find the right person.
We’re growing so quickly that even in just 6 months the opportunity feels different (in a good way). The formal job description is below, but who we’re looking for can be summarized as “a pro with a proven fundraising track record who loves to play outdoors and is ready to grow and build something exciting and meaningful.”
Sound like you or someone you know? Send a resume and cover letter to Zeke (our Executive Director) at [email protected] Sound like someone you know? Please forward this to them!
– The Team (aka. Kelly, Stephanie, Jenn, Whitney, and Zeke)
Development Director – Job Description
The Kelly Brush Foundation is a nationally successful and fast-growing non-profit creating active lifestyles for people with spinal cord injuries. Our primary sources of funding are events around the country, including the marque Kelly Brush Ride in Vermont. The Kelly Brush Foundation is seeking a team member to take charge of our development operations, diversify and grow our development strategy, maximize our national network of supporters, and contribute to a fun, dynamic office culture.
The Development Director is responsible for leading and executing the fundraising operations of the Kelly Brush Foundation. The Development Director will manage event and fundraising committees in multiple cities, grow meaningful relationships with existing supporters, and cultivate new relationships with sponsors and donors. The Development Director will work within a collaborative work environment but provide leadership in all current and future fundraising.
The successful candidate for this Development Director position will be a strategic, collaborative, and mission-driven professional with a strong record of success in fundraising. S/he will possess superior communication and organizational skills and work in an exciting, team-oriented environment. The Development Director must be ready to roll up his/her sleeves and work with some of the best philanthropic communities around the country to maximize the Kelly Brush Foundation’s impact.
- Create and drive the development strategy
- Identify new fundraising opportunities and set development priorities in line with development strategy
- Research, cultivate, and develop giving plans for existing and new donors
- Communicate with event host committees and other fundraising partners
- Lead fundraising strategy for events together with events team members
- Work with marketing team members to develop fundraising collateral and communications
- Develop and execute fundraising campaigns, including annual appeal and other giving campaigns
- Commitment to the mission of the Kelly Brush Foundation
- At least 3 years of non-profit development leadership experience
- Proven success in sponsorship solicitation and securing major gifts
- Superior writing skills, from formal grant proposals to thoughtful thank you letters
- Experience in—and passion for—event planning and management
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
This position includes some national travel as well as evening and weekend events.