2018 Kelly Brush Ride – Recap
13th Annual Kelly Brush Ride powered by VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations raises over $600,000!
We are thrilled to announce that this year was our most successful Kelly Brush Ride ever! We had over 940 riders who raised over $602,000. It was a perfect late summer day, with cool temps and bright sunshine. As always Middlebury College was an incredible host and we are so thankful for their continued support.
This was a year of new experiences at the Kelly Brush Ride. For the first time ever we offered the option to golf the Kelly Brush Ride, and had 28 people out on the links supporting the KBF. We also had Switchback beer at the post-ride BBQ, which has been long-requested by our riders – it was a big hit! The new 10 mile course option was a welcome addition for many folks looking for a little less mileage, and the addition of kids’ activities like the bounce house, face painting and yard games made for a more family-friendly event.
The proceeds from the Kelly Brush Ride will be used immediately in our fall Active Fund grant cycle to help purchase adaptive sports equipment for people with spinal cord injuries and advocate for and improve safety equipment for alpine ski race programs.
Kelly Brush Ride by-the-numbers:
- 944 – riders and golfers
- $602,000 – raised (and still growing!)
- 3850+ – donors
- 91 – volunteers
- 300+ – riders fundraised
- 104 – riders earned KBF Patagonia duffle bag (for raising $750)
- 59 – riders earned KBF Patagonia vest (for raising $1500)
- $360 – proceeds of ice cream donated by The Scoop back to the KBF
Top Fundraisers and Prize Winners:
- Top Team – Midd ’84 – $67,416
- Team Honorable Mention – GMVS – $59,631 (including $53,000 from a student-lead spin-a-thon on Friday, August 31)
- Top Individual – Charlie Brush – $14,068
- Individual Honorable Mention – Jamie Preston – $10,300
- VBT Raffle Winner – Tammy, Burlington, VT
- Rossignol Mountain Bike Winner ($2,500+ fundraisers) – Ian Sanderson, who asked that we auction the bike off, raising another $2,000!
- See the whole Scoreboard here >
- VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations – Our title sponsor and great partner!
- Middlebury College and the Middlebury Ski Team – Our gracious hosts!
- Fundraisers – Who go above and beyond to help us fulfill our mission.
- Volunteers – Who make the day special for everyone!
- Switchback Brewing – For providing delicious beer (for the first year ever at the ride!)
- Aerie Consulting – For sponsoring the beer tent!
- Castleton University Ski Team – They step up big on the day of the ride to support water stops
- EventSet – For providing the start/finish arch, bike racks, barriers, and photo backdrop.
- The Scoop – For bringing the awesome ice cream truck!
- All Our Sponsors Listed Below!
SAVE THE DATE –
14th Annual Kelly Brush Ride & Golf powered by VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations
September 7, 2019
We are also excited to announce that VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations has recommitted to be the Title Sponsor through 2021!