Apply to the 2024 Vermont Adaptive X KBF Ski Camp
Photo Credit: Jeb Wallace-Brodeur
This January is the 2nd Annual Vermont Adaptive Ski Camp sponsored by the Kelly Brush Foundation! This camp will provide the opportunity for SCI athletes to come together, build community, and level up their ski skills. This year’s ski camp will be open to skiers of all abilities, including both never-ever and seasoned skiers.
Eligibility: Individuals with paralysis caused by spinal cord injury who reside in the US. Other conditions are not eligible for this program, including (but not limited to) spina bifida, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, post-polio, Guillain-Barre´ Strohl Syndrome, ALS, all other neuropathies, and all other conditions causing disability.
- We are accepting applications for individuals of all skiing abilities – beginner through advanced- who need equipment or have their own. We have found that a mixture of abilities helps foster a unique sense of mentorship and camaraderie in our community.
When: Wednesday, January 17th – Saturday, January 20th, 2024.
What and where: Join the KBF and Vermont Adaptive for 3 full days of skiing and instruction at Sugarbush Resort in Warren, VT. Athlete arrival will be Wednesday evening, skiing all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, with departure Saturday after skiing.
What’s included: 3-night stay in beautiful Vermont; Lunch & Dinner Thursday and Friday, Lunch Saturday; lift tickets; equipment as needed; financial assistance with travel to/from camp.
- Please let us know if there is anything else you might need in terms of equipment.
- We will have an incredible group of Vermont Adaptive instructors, the Kelly Brush Foundation team, and other talented ski instructors from the SCI world providing instruction and hosting group runs throughout the camp.
- You will need to be able to provide your own transportation for yourself and your ski equipment (if applicable) to Sugarbush Resort with up to $500 in travel vouchers included (flight, gas, train, rental car).
- If you are not comfortable traveling alone, please let us know in your application if you will require a companion.
How to apply: Please fill out this short application. The deadline to apply is Friday, December 15, 2023. We will notify applicants of a decision the following week.
For camp-related questions, please contact: Felicia Fowler, Vermont Adaptive Program Manager: 802-786-4991 ext.32, [email protected] or Greg Durso, KBF Program Director 631-922-1261, [email protected]
For reimbursement-related questions, please contact Amy Rixon, KBF Program Manager: 802-846-5298 ext.103, [email protected]