The Community Engagement Manager position at the Kelly Brush Foundation will serve as the front-line of communications with the KBF’s growing digital community. This role will conduct critical outreach to build partnerships and relationships across the adaptive recreation space, and help us grow the Active Project platform to thousands of users. Through events, digital & phone outreach, and a presence on the Active Project, this person will be the main point of contact for all day-to-day communications regarding the KBF’s community resources.
Application link below.
About the Active Project:
The Active Project is the KBF’s digital community platform to empower tens of thousands of people with spinal cord injuries and other physical disabilities to discover and enjoy adaptive recreation. With over 100 crowd-sourced educational videos, information on dozens of sports, and connection to hundreds of adaptive sports organizations and thousands of fellow adaptive athletes, plus features like forums and equipment classifieds, the Active Project is designed to be the one-stop-shop for beginners and experts alike.
About the KBF:
Since its inception, the KBF has provided over $4 million in grants for first-time sports experiences and personal adaptive recreation equipment for people with spinal cord injuries (SCI). Each KBF program seeks to assist people with SCI on their journey from injury to independence, and make every journey easier than the last. Through Path2Active, people are able to fund lessons, clinics, and equipment demo expenses to find new sports and the perfect equipment for their needs, including several camps hosted by the KBF. Through the Active Fund, the KBF will fund up to the full purchase price of personal adaptive sports equipment. And the KBF’s newest program, the Active Project, connects people with physical disabilities to events, funding opportunities, and their peers, empowering a lifetime of active at the click of a button.
- Engage with stakeholders within the adaptive sports community to build connections with athletes, ambassadors, programs, and vendors
- Attend events to educate people with physical disabilities about the active lifestyle opportunities available to them, and build membership on the Active Project
- Monitor, moderate, and facilitate conversation and engagement on the Active Project platform
- Conduct and manage ongoing outreach with the physical therapy, occupational therapy, and in/out-patient rehabilitation communities to build our first-line engagement with potential beneficiaries
- Assist in growing and managing a regional ambassador program for adaptive athletes
- Pursue and regularly provide updates on user acquisition goals for the Active Project
- Develop recruitment campaigns to obtain new Active Project users and prospects for Kelly Brush Foundation grant programs
- Work with adaptive sports programs, organizations, and users to populate the Active Project events calendar, forums, educational resources, and equipment classifieds
- Develop and monitor feedback loops to ensure the Active Project is meeting and exceeding the expectations of the community it serves
- 1+ years digital customer service, sales, or account management experience (handling prospects or customer relationships, managing dozens of inbound communications daily, and tracking required followups)
- 2+ years (ideal) in the adaptive sports space, ideally in an adaptive sports or specialized PT/OT practice capacity
- High level of comfort with social media, web content management systems (WordPress), project management systems, and email management
- Detail-oriented go-getter attitude, with ability to be self-sufficient within a specific set of recurring job responsibilities
- Able to work east coast US business hours and travel once or more per month
- Experience with HubSpot a major plus
KBF Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
The KBF values all backgrounds, identities, and walks of life because it reflects who we are, who we seek to serve, and because diversity of all kinds makes our organization stronger. If you want to work for an organization that strives for equity and fosters an inclusive culture welcoming you to bring your authentic self to work each day, we encourage you to apply.
Contact [email protected] with any questions or to recommend someone for this position.