We’re Hiring – Marketing Director
After 3.5 wonderful years as the Marketing Director at the Kelly Brush Foundation, I have decided to pursue a career in economic development for the state of Vermont. The KBF community is composed of the most supportive, adventurous, and kind people you could find, and I’m so thankful for the years I was able to spend getting to know each and every one of you. I’m excited for the new Marketing Director, because they get to join this fun and motivated team and help KBF earn the national recognition it deserves. Thank you to Kelly, the incredible staff, board, grant recipients, supporters and volunteers. You have built something very special with this organization and I can’t wait to see what’s next!
Please check out the job posting below and apply if it sounds like you!
Marketing Director – Job Description
The Kelly Brush Foundation, a dynamic and fast-growing national nonprofit organization, located in Burlington, Vermont seeks an energetic and innovative leader as the next marketing director. In collaboration with the rest of the team, the marketing director will work to advance the KBF’s mission of inspiring and empowering people with spinal cord injuries (SCI) to lead active and engaged lives. It is the vision of the Foundation that everyone with an SCI can enjoy the physical, emotional, and mental benefits of an active lifestyle.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, mission-driven organization at a time when you and your marketing and communications expertise can drive national awareness, community engagement and mission impact. We are looking for an experienced marketer who is creative, daring and driven to help the organization thrive. This person must have exceptional communications, social media and digital marketing skills. We need someone who is both strategic and willing to roll up sleeves and execute on tactical plans. Our team is small but mighty and excited to fill this leadership role with someone who values collaboration and is eager to take us to the next level.
Sound like you? Send a resume and cover letter to KBF’s Executive Director Edie Perkins at [email protected] Sound like someone you know? Please forward this to them!
Kelly Brush Foundation
- Partner with Executive Director to set overall strategy to drive growth nationally and build community engagement Develop marketing plan and be responsible for its execution
- Develop social media and PR strategies that will build the KBF brand nationally
- Strengthen community engagement across our network of people living with SCIs, supporters and volunteers
- Work closely with Executive Director to oversee new KBF Corps of Volunteers program
- Support the Development and Programs teams by successfully promoting events, fundraising campaigns, and mission programs
- Manage the website and oversee social media campaigns
- Collaborate with Programs Director to oversee Ambassador program and ensure it is fulfilling its objectives
- Identify and build relationships with members of the KBF SCI community whose stories should be told through blogs, social, and local and national press
- Write blogs, newsletters, press releases, annual reports, cases for support, and other important feature pieces
- Manage and/or consult on development of creative content, such as videos, webcasts, podcasts, and other media to ensure brand fidelity
- Innovate and test creative new ways to strengthen our leadership position and build community engagement Requirements
- Strategic, innovative thinker who is willing to take risks
- Enjoys teamwork and values collaboration
- Analytical — uses data to drive campaigns, set targets and monitor success
- Strong understanding of how social media can be used to organically (or inorganically, ie, paid advertising) drive growth
- Strong understanding of digital/content marketing and how it can be used to build our base of SCI community members and supporters
- Exceptional communications and storytelling skills
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and get work done
- Excited about opportunity to rapidly take small organization to next phase of growth
- Excited to take career to next level
- Bachelor’s degree and with approximately 5-10 years marketing experience
- WordPress, Constant Contact, InDesign experience a plus
This position includes some national travel as well as evening and weekend events.