2017 Ski Racing Safety Grants Announced!
18 Clubs | 13 States | 4,000 Racers | $75,000
The Kelly Brush Foundation is excited to announce that we have awarded $75,000 to 18 clubs in 13 states directly affecting more than 4,000 racers to improve safety on their racing and training venues. If you race, train, or visit any of the areas listed below, know that you or a racer you know will be safer because of the program’s commitment to safety and our financial support in helping them reach their safety goals.
Over the last several years the quality of grant applications has increased dramatically. We’re excited at the progress the sport and its many stakeholders have made since Kelly’s injury in 2006, and relieved at the countless injuries prevented because of a greater awareness of safety.
For more information about our Ski Racing Safety Grant Program, click here >
Safety Award Recipients:
- Cochran Ski Area – Vermont
- Mt. Mansfield Ski Education Foundation – Vermont
- Friends of Mt. Abram – Maine
- Waterville Valley BBTS – New Hampshire
- Belleayre Mountain Racing Association – New York
- Bristol Mountain Race Club – New York
- NYSEF – New York
- West Mountain School – New York
- Tussey Mountain Alpine Racing Team – Pennsylvania
- Timberline Race Team – Virginia
- Granite Peak Ski Team – Wisconsin
- LaCrosse Area Youth Ski Association – Wisconsin
- Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club – Colorado
- Black Hills Ski Team – South Dakota
- Jackson Hole Ski and Snowboard Club – Wyoming
- Meadows Race Team – Oregon
- Sugar Bowl Ski Team and Academy – California
- Teton Valley Ski Education Foundation – Idaho